Skip to content
- Today the Union is capable of processing the entire milk procured, by timely implementation of several infrastructure projects like commissioning of New Mega Dairy state-of-the-art technology with a processing Capacity of 6.0 Lakh liters per day, new chilling centers, renovation of product block etc.,
- As per the policies of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), for implementing Operation Flood – III, Bangalore Dairy was handed over to Bangalore Milk Union Ltd.,(Bamul) on 1st September 1988.
- To cater to the growing demand for milk by the consumers of Bangalore City, the capacity was increased to 1.5 lakh liters per day under the Operation Flood-II during 1981 and later increased to 3.5 lakh liters per day under Operation Flood-III during 1994. The KDDC Dairies were handed over to KMF to implement Operation Flood –II in May 1984.
- Bangalore Dairy the government undertaking under AH department underwent a structural change in December 1975, and was handed over to Karnataka Dairy Development Corporation (KDDC) for implementing world bank project.
- Scattering over an area of 52 Acres of land, The Bangalore Dairy had an initial capacity to process 50,000 liters of milk per day. The Government had granted 52 Acres of land for the Plant and staff quarters.
- In 1962, The Bangalore Milk Supply Scheme came into existence as an independent body. With the efforts of then Honble Minister for Revenue & Dairying, Government of Mysore Sri M V Krishnappa, A joint venture of UNICEF, Government of India & Government of Mysore dedicated Bangalore Dairy to the people of Karnataka State on 23rd January 1965 by the then Honble Prime Minister Late Sri Lal Bahadhur Shastriji.
- On January 1st 1958 a pilot scheme to cater milk to Bangalore Milk Market, Department of Animal Husbandry, Government of Mysore started Milk processing facilities at National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)