Welcome to Bangalore Milk Union
On January 1st 1958 a pilot scheme to cater the Bangalore Milk Market, Department of Animal Husbandry, State of Mysore started Milk processing facilities & Veterinary Hospitals at National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI). Later in 1962, The Bangalore Milk Supply Scheme came into existence as an independent body. With the great efforts by the then Hon’ble Minister for Revenue & Dairying, Government of Mysore Sri M V Krishnappa, A joint venture of UNICEF, Government of India & Government of Mysore dedicated Bangalore Dairy to the people of Karnataka State on 23rd January 1965 by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister Late Sri Lal Bahadhur Shastriji. The Bangalore Dairy scattering over an area of 52 Acres of land, the Dairy had an initial capacity to process 50,000 liters of milk per day. Bangalore Dairy underwent a structural change in December 1975, handed over to Karnataka Dairy Development Corporation (KDDC). Rural Milk Scheme of Mysore, Hassan & Kudige Districts was started under Operation Flood-II and then transferred to Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF) in May 1984 as a successor of KDDC. To cater to the growing demand for milk by the consumers of Bangalore City, the capacity was increased to 1.5 lakh liters per day under the Operation Flood-II during 1981 and later increased to 3.5 lakh liters per day under Operation Flood-III during 1994.
Our Milk & Milk Products
Karnataka s household most favorite milk, Fresh and Pure containing 3.0% fat and 8.5% SNF. Available in 250 ml, 500ml and 1 lt & 6 Lt packs. Better to use within a day from the date of packing.
Rich, smooth and delicious. Nandini Butter is made out of fresh pasturised cream. Rich taste, smooth texture and the rich purity of cow's milk, makes any preparation a delicious treat.