During the last ten years, the union is giving greater emphasis on procuring quality milk from DCSs under the concept of “Quality Excellence from Cow to Consumer.” Many Clean Milk Production (CMP) initiatives have been implemented at all the stages of procurement, processing and marketing.
The Union is to introduce this innovative technological initiative for bringing about revolutionary improvement in quality of milk collected in DCSs. This system has several advantages such as elimination of mastitis in milch animals and improvement of productivity. The milk from milking machines, collected through Automatic Computerized Milk Collection Units is chilled directly in Bulk Milk Coolers. This chilled raw milk, untouched and unadulterated by human hands, has very high microbiological quality, comparable to international standards. This high quality milk is being utilized for manufacturing high quality value added milk products, for both domestic as well as international markets.
Clean Milk Production (CMP) Initiatives include: –
- Training of milk producers on modern dairy husbandry practices and CMP.
- Providing SS utensils, antiseptic solutions for udder cleaning on pre and post milking, etc. to producers.
- Training to DCS staff and officers of the Unions on CMP.
- Replacing Aluminium milk cans and collection vessels with SS –304.
- Posters, documentary films and booklets on Clean Milk Production.